Virtual casinos have been around for over 20 years now, dating back to the late 1990s. While poker was the first big online casino game to hit the mainstream, it wasn’t long after that all the classic and contemporary casino table games went over to digital, too. From electronic blackjack to simulated slots and computerized bingo to virtual roulette, if you can play it in Vegas, you can play it online at the best virtual gambling sites.
The biggest question new users have about virtual casinos is whether or not they’re fair. Well, that all depends on the providers you choose. If you go with one of the reputable online gambling sites we cover here, you are guaranteed a certified, provably fair iGaming experience.
We can’t vouch for other operators, but we’ve vetted our recommended sites thoroughly, and they’ve been the trendsetters for electronic gambling for years. Read on to find out how these top virtual casinos always keep it real!
Best Virtual Casinos For US Players in 2022
|#||Site Name||Bonus Offer||U.S.||Rating||Visit/Review|
|1||100% up to $3,000||4.8||Play Now Read Review|
|2||500% up to $5,000||4.7||Play Now Read Review|
|3||100% up to $5,000||4.2||Play Now Read Review|
What Is A Virtual Casino?
A virtual casino is exactly what you think it is: an online gambling destination where you can bet real money on classic casino game simulations and win big payouts. These venues use random number generation (RNG) software to ensure that you get a completely fair experience with the same odds to win as you’d find in Vegas casinos, and they’re all committed to keeping their players happy with valuable bonuses, flexible banking options, Bitcoin (BTC) support, fast payouts, and more.
Note: Other kinds of “virtual casinos” do exist, especially in popular video games. You can find lotteries in games from the NBA 2K series, play FIFA bingo simulators, “gamble” at the GTA online casino (aka the GTA Diamond Casino), and even partake in RDR2 gambling. But these are virtual gambling events where you cannot win real money, so they’re definitely not in the same category. Fun, yes. Profitable, no.
Are Virtual Casinos Legal in 2022?
Yes! While only three US states have domestically licensed virtual casinos in operation within their borders (DE, NJ, PA), you can play at offshore gambling sites no matter where in the country you live. It is both safe and legal to do so, as there are no federal laws that prevent US gamblers from playing at overseas casino websites.
That said, not all virtual casino operators accept players from every US state. Bovada, despite being the number-one online casino in America, doesn’t accept players from DE, MD, NJ, or NV, for example.
Meanwhile, two US states – Washington and Connecticut – have nominal laws barring all online gambling, though these aren’t enforced, and virtual casinos will accept members from both states. (Still, we recommend abiding by all local laws, and WA and CT residents gamble online at their own risk.)
How To Fund Your Virtual Casino Account
There are several ways to fund your online gambling account at offshore sites, but the best option – fittingly – is to use virtual currency. Every major operator accepts Bitcoin as a matter of course, which is the industry’s preferred banking method.
However, if you haven’t jumped on the cryptocurrency bandwagon yet, you can use more traditional means to top off your bankroll. These include the following, and each have different fees, limits, and terms of service depending on the site you choose:
- American Express
- Money Orders
- Cashier’s Checks
- Bank Wire Transfers
- Person-to-Person Services
Why Bitcoin Is Best
Bitcoin is the best banking option for a number of reasons. When it comes to online casino deposits, Bitcoin is almost instantaneous, has a 100% success rate, comes with no added fees of any kind, and earns users the best bonus options possible.
When it comes to payouts, Bitcoin is also the best bet, because it’s the only way to collect your winnings the same day that you put in your withdrawal request. All other casino withdrawal options take 3-5 days, which isn’t ideal for many players.
To use Bitcoin, you can buy the virtual money via crypto exchanges like Coinbase, but this often takes several days. Instead, we recommend using Zelle to purchase BTC from private sellers through Localbitcoins.com and transferring the funds to a virtual wallet. From there, deposits take just a few minutes, so you can hit the virtual felts ASAP.
Virtual Casino Bonuses
The best online casinos all offer valuable bonuses to their users. These come in the form of initial deposit bonuses and reload bonuses, and each different site offers different deals (which is yet another reason to have accounts at several virtual casinos at the same time). Casino bonuses like these are not available at brick-and-mortar venues, and they can really add a lot of money to your bankroll.
However, you need to make sure you understand the rollover or playthrough requirements before accepting bonuses, as there are terms and conditions that must be met before withdrawing any winnings earned through bonus free plays.
Online Virtual Casino Games
There are a number of online casinos that offer real money virtual gambling, and the best of those are listed on this page. While each offshore gambling site is different, you can expect them to all host the same general types of casino games. The most popular of these are the following:
- Virtual Slots – Electronic slots have been replacing old-fashioned mechanical reel slots in casinos for several decades now, and while that’s kind of a bummer at brick-and-mortar venues (pulling a crank handle is way more fun than pressing a button!), it’s absolutely perfect for online and mobile gambling.
Best of all, the virtual slot machines at the best gambling sites are all made by the same brands that outfit major land-based casinos with their cabinet-style video slot machines. These are literally the same games – with the same chances to win – but in the palm of your hand!
- Virtual Video Poker – Video poker, or electronic poker, is available online, and it’s one of the oldest forms of Internet gambling. Please be advised that video poker is not the same as virtual tournament poker, however. Video poker is a casino category, and it pits a single player against the software’s RNG dealer and other computer players.
Online poker rooms, on the other hand, are real poker tournaments and cash games where you can play against other people in real time. We cover these options at our dedicated virtual poker room page.
- Virtual Blackjack – Blackjack is one of the most popular electronic card games going, and for good reason. The game is simple, fun, and offers hefty payouts and good odds to win.
In a real casino venue, BJ is played from a shoe that houses multiple intermixed decks. The same is true at online gambling houses, which means that you’re always going to have the exact same chances to split your hand and double down for big bucks.
Best of all, at virtual online casinos, you don’t have to be 21 to play 21, as members are accepted at 18 and up!
- Virtual Roulette – Roulette is mostly a game of pure chance, but there are sharps who can gain an edge by assessing each unique croupier’s spin of the wheel and delivery of the ball. This is not possible with electronic roulette wheels, which some gamblers may view as a slight detriment compared to the real thing.
However, the other side is that there are no variables with virtual roulette. The odds are what they are, and the audited RNG software driving these products ensures that you’ll always get a fair spin.
- Virtual Baccarat – Baccarat is a game for the highest of high rollers at brick-and-mortar casinos, but virtual baccarat is a game even casual players can enjoy online. The rules are simple, and the most popular US variant – punto banco – has set rules for all draws, which means that the RNG software plays out just like random decks in real life.
Truly, online simulated baccarat is exactly like the real thing, minus the often annoying casino hustle and bustle. Mini-baccarat (aka mini-bac) is also offered, which is a popular variant of the game.
- Virtual Craps – Aside from being the funniest-named casino game, craps (and crapless craps, which is actually even funnier) are dice amusements that lend themselves well to the digital gambling realm.
Because of the randomness of a rolled die, the RNG software powering every electronic craps table is able to keep things fair and square – or, staying with the theme, fair and cube! So don’t hesitate to roll the digital dice!
- Virtual Keno – Keno is a lottery-style game, and it’s totally random whether you play in person or online. Electronic keno is available at every major virtual casino website, and it simulates the real product extremely well. Each different online casino will have its own rules and keno “paytables,” so make sure you shop around to see which site has the keno you’re most keen on.
- Virtual Bingo – Bingo is, in many respects, the ultimate virtual casino game. Electronic bingo is identical to the real thing, with the exception that it’s even easier to mark your card, and you don’t have to futz with crowded, overly perfumed halls or messy blotter markers.
While there are dedicated electronic bingo sites that do nothing but offer hundreds of themed tables, all the top-rated casinos listed here offer bingo sims for real money, too.
- Virtual Lottery – Many sites offer virtual lotteries. A lottery, even in real life when you buy a lotto ticket at the gas station, is always 100% random. That said, you can sometimes pick a number or sequence of numbers, which is also possible over the Internet.
On the pure luck side (which is what defines most lotto systems), virtual lottery sites also have scratchers, pull tabs, and other variations on tap. Remember, you can’t win the jackpot if you don’t play!
Live Dealer Games At Virtual Casinos
Ironically, the best virtual gambling venues also have live dealer games for their most popular offerings. Usually, live blackjack is the most sought-after type of real-dealer gambling on the Internet, but you can also participate in live baccarat, live roulette, and Super6.
When you enter the live gambling rooms at these sites, you can interface directly with a real human dealer, often via both audio and video. This is a virtual experience, but a very real one and the games are played with real cards and dice in real-time.
Virtual Casino Games for Mobile Devices
You won’t find any virtual casino apps for offshore sites in the App Store or Google Play, as Apple and Google don’t allow non-domestic gambling products on their storefronts. That said, the top offshore casinos have all developed robust web app interfaces that work with any iPhone, Android phone, or modern tablet device.
These casino web apps run through any modern browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Opera, etc.), and all you need is an Internet connection. You don’t have to download any software, either, and you still get the same tap and swipe controls that native apps do.
Additionally, you can forget about updates, security patches, and all that annoying rigmarole. When you want to play your favorite casino games on the go, the best online casinos are the best mobile casinos, too!
Virtual Reality Casinos
Last but not least, we need to discuss VR casinos. These haven’t hit the mainstream yet, but with increasing sales of VR headset devices, the success of Oculus and Vive VR solutions, and the general interest in things like VR poker and VR blackjack, it’s only a matter of time before the best online casinos offer virtual reality games for their millions of regular customers. Make no mistake: This market is going to be massive once VR gets more accessible and mainstream.
Don’t believe us? Think about it: Why would anyone tap a button when they could pull a virtual crank on a VR slot machine or stare down a rival avatar in a game of VR craps?
VR casinos promise to be an exciting new frontier in the industry, and this new level of immersion is going to reinvigorate the market by ushering in a whole new generation of gamblers. Stay tuned for updates, as things are moving faster than ever on the virtual front!